Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Just one of THOSE days.


This is what I want to wake up to. I would love for my alarm to go off at 6am; I turn on the lamp, and start reading my Bible. I daydream about having an hour to collect myself, pray, worship God, and read His word. I imagine I would be such a better, nicer, more patient, etc. person if this is the way I could start my day. Ah, tranquility!

But this isn't the world of my daydreams. OH NO! It is instead a much worse thing.... Reality!

A reality where my daughter wakes up at 5:30am and I immediately know my quiet time with God is shot. A reality where she wants breakfast, so I make it, and then she decides she would rather smear the food all over her body than actually eat it. A reality where she is not happy unless I am holding her. THEN she is not happy when I am holding her. A realty where she cries at me for an hour no matter what I try to do to appease her. It goes on and on this way...

This is what my reality looks like:



Am I being a bit a melodramatic? Maybe.

So here's to making the time to read His word no matter what's going on! It might have taken me two hours to read through the scripture and write this with a very unpleasant Alexia here, but I did it! So suck on that devil!

Psalm 57

1 Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me,
   for in you my soul takes refuge.
   I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
   until the disaster has passed.
2 I cry out to God Most High,
   to God, who fulfills his purpose for me.
3 He sends from heaven and saves me,
   rebuking those who hotly pursue me;
   God sends his love and his faithfulness.
4 I am in the midst of lions;
   I lie among ravenous beasts-
   men whose teeth are spears and arrows,
   whose tongues are sharp swords.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
   let your glory be over all the earth.
 6 They spread a net for my feet-
     I was bowed down in distress.
     They dug a pit in my path-
     but they have fallen into it themselves.
  7 My heart is steadfast, O God,
     my heart is steadfast;
     I will sing and make music.
  8 Awake, my soul!
     Awake, harp and lyre!
     I will awaken the dawn.
  9 I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations;
     I will sing of you among the peoples.
10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
     your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
     let your glory be over all the earth.

1 comment:

  1. Know that if you ever need someone to talk to, a second hand to come over or a place to go to, I am always here for you. Times can be tough and I know that not every day is paradise and having a support system is what gets you through the tough moments. "It takes a village to raise a child"

    ReplyDelete