Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day Tribute 2011

My daughter is lucky to have the best father possible! He is loving, kind, silly, protective, and always attentive. In honor of all that he does for her and for me, I wanted to show some of my favorite moments caught on camera from the last year. Enjoy…

Jacob was meant to be a father. He worked extremely hard before Alexia was born to make everything perfect for her.


Alexia was born before we had a chance to assemble her furniture, so after a long day at the NICU, even with no indication when she would get to come home, Jacob went to work in her room to get everything put together; one for her use when she got home, and two, to put my mind at rest.


I had to have a c-section, so Jacob had to don all this gear in order to be allowed in the room. I was laying in the hospital bed, mid contractions, and mid hysteria over what was to come and he made me smile. That's the true spirit of a good husband and father. I know he will do whatever is in his power to make Alexia smile during those rough times.


This is the first time Jacob held Alexia. At this moment, he didn't need anything else in the world. <3


Constantly being in the NICU is exhausting. Jacob made sure to keep up his energy though by taking short naps when they could be found.


Watching the monitors. Jacob was always on top of Alexia's stats. He knew before the nurses if there was going to be a problem!


Cuddling! From day one, Alexia has been completely relaxed around Jacob. They just 'chill' together.


This was the day she came home!! In fact, at the taking of this picture, we hadn't been home more than an hour. His face tells it all. It was a great thing to be out of the NICU, but terrifying to all of a sudden be given everything we wanted. What do we do now?


NAP! That's what we do now! I got out of the shower one day to find this cute little scene. Whenever I leave those two alone, I come back to find them napping. :)


One of Alexia's first doctor's visits. Jacob always makes sure he is off for such occasions. His schedule is so great!


One of the first times we visited Jacob at work. He missed her like crazy, and simply had to love on her! They make my heart melt.


Lexi's first trip to San Diego. I love how perfectly they fit together.


My little sleepy baby. There must be something about Jacob that makes her not able to keep her eyes open.

Being a father means no breaks. Not even for dinner.

So proud of Alexia and her first attempt at solid food.


He is the father of a princess after all...


He is always doting on Alexia. <3


A great father has to be silly as well.

And a great father has to give loads of piggy back rides. :)

I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband! I love you Jacob Zack and I cannot wait to have a bigger family with you, and watch you love on and change those future children's lives as well.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Brittany. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake is a great dad! Hope you guys had a good day! We miss you already!!!

    ReplyDelete